Saturday, January 26, 2008

my life in ten years

Gosh, ten years seems like a long ways away (I'll be 31!!!!). So much can happen or even not happen in that time. But if I could have my life the way I wanted it then I would graduate from Clemson in 2009. I would move to NYC or Boston because those are my two favorite cities. I also want to live there because I want to experience as many things as a can while I'm still young (I believe that is something really important to do- it's good to step outside of your comfort zone and experience something else). I am from the north, which is why I came to school down here. I wanted a change and I defiantly got it so now I'm ready for another one. The exciting and never stopping life style of a city girl intrigues me.

As for my job, I want one in the marketing department at some big name company like Food Network or Cosmo magazine. I want a job that will keep me on my toes and keep me interested; the idea of sitting behind a desk all day doesn't thrill me in the least bit. I realize that these jobs aren't easy to get, but like Professor Rogers said, Dream Big.

As for my personal life I feel that establishing myself before I settle down is one of my biggest goals. Now, who knows if that will happen because I'm a sucker and would never stop something good if it came along. But, I still want to make sure that I establish myself through my career and make my own money because I don't want to rely on someone else. Through that process though I hope to meet someone amazing that treats me well and that I will marry. I want to travel a lot and see as much as I can before I start a family, so I want someone who I can do that with. Ideally I would like to be married around 26 and from that point establish ourselves and enjoy our time together before having a family.

If I were 31 right now sitting here writing about what the last ten years have been like then I hope to say I have accomplished all that I wanted to. I would like to already have or be on my way to moving outside of the city and starting a family with my husband.

I was told before never to plan your life because it never happens the way you want it to, which I'm sure is the true. But, it’s nice to dream, and if I had my life the way I wanted it then it would be exactly like what I wrote above.

No comments: