Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letter

http://www.collegegrad.com/jobsearch/Best-College-Cover-Letters/The-Reality-of-Cover-Letters/

Great website! It is very informative on writing a cover letter and I agree with everything that they are saying. A lot of people over look the value of a cover letter because they don't realize the benefits of them. With the competitive job market that we face today you need all the help you can get to sell yourself to an employer, which is exactly what the cover letter does. Your resume lets them see what you have been doing and what experiences you have, but the cover letter helps you tell an employer exactly why they need you in their company. One thing mentioned in the article that I did not know what that cover letters are read after a resume, but after thinking about it reading the resume first makes sense.
This is defiantly a website that I plan on using while I am writing my cover letters in the near future!

No comments: