Sunday, February 24, 2008

Free Write

This past week I had to attend what Clemson calls a Lifestyles class which is supposed to teach you about underage drinking. I had to attend this class because I received a MIP from the Clemson Police my first night at Clemson last semester in August when I was at the bar 356. The class is also supposed to last 2 hours, but to no surprise it didn't. Thats because we are college students and you cannot spend 2hours telling us something we haven't already heard about underage age drinking. Obviously I know that since I was not 21 at the time I was not supposed to be in the bar so I suffered for 'breaking the law'...blah blah blah. But these officers think that as soon as you turn 21 you're all of a sudden mature enough to drink. In 10days I will be 21 and I promise that my mind frame about drinking will not change on that 10th day. I think the Clemson Police should place their time on other things like how about making sure people get home safe from the bars. I know Clemson is a small town and they don't have anything to do, but it's college kids will underage drink- get over it! =)

No comments: